**Send all information to ‘email@example.com’ and include the job title in Subject line**
Plexxi is pioneering next generation networking. Headquartered in Nashua, NH, we’re a red-hot start-up building a state-of-the-industry networking platform for addressing the ever-increasing demands of a new IT era. With Big Data, mobile, social and the Internet of Things transforming the IT landscape, we’re determined to become the chosen network for the next generation of computing. Our team is comprised of entrepreneurially minded individuals with a strong history of success in building high-performance, execution-focused companies.
About the Position:
Plexxi is seeking a Sales Engineer supporting a major account in the Dallas, TX area. The Sales Engineer is responsible for providing ongoing sales, design, implementation and training support for one of Plexxi’s major cloud customers. Your job will include a significant amount of on-site presence, to assist the engineering and operations teams of the customer in their design and implementation of very large scale Plexxi fabrics. In addition, as a Sales Engineer, you will be part of the Sales team for this customer, looking for additional opportunities for Plexxi with this customer and their direct partners.
Desired Candidate Qualities:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related work experience
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing and supporting large networks
- Strong willingness to learn
- Hands-on, roll-up the sleeves attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Service oriented mindset
- Post-sales and/or professional services experience is a plus
- Experience with Data Center ethernet based networks and all their components
- Experience interfacing/controlling networking or storage equipment (Cisco, Juniper, Del/EMC, Netapp, Brocade, etc).
- Experience with Linux and common scripting tools
- Past success working in fast paced and collaborative environments
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent Project Management skills