Nashua, NH – Full Time
**Send all information to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ and include job title in Subject line**
Plexxi is pioneering next generation networking. Headquartered in Nashua, NH, we’re a red-hot start-up building a state-of-the-industry networking platform for addressing the ever-increasing demands of a new IT era. With Big Data, mobile, social and the Internet of Things transforming the IT landscape, we’re determined to become the chosen network for the next generation of computing. Our team is comprised of entrepreneurially minded individuals with a strong history of success in building high-performance, execution-focused companies.
About the Position
Plexxi is seeking a Software Engineer responsible for developing a significant application feature set in the product line. This role will involve developing a thorough understanding of the software architecture, creating a design for new features within the existing framework and taking it through implementation and unit/integration testing.
Desired Candidate Qualities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related work experience
- 7+ years of developing embedded/management software.
- 3+ years of Java programming experience.
- Experience building web services with REST or SOAP APIs.
- Experience building applications with JPA or Hibernate persistence.
- Past experience with virtualization platforms and management APIs (VmWare, KVM, Hyper-V)
- Past Experience interfacing/controlling networking or storage equipment (Cisco, Juniper, Netapp, Brocade, etc).
- Experience building application with and Inversion of Control framework such as the Spring Framework.
- Demonstrated application of Object Oriented Design and other standard Design Patterns.
- Past experience working in a environment practicing Agile/Scrum project management.
- Experience with maven build automation
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (Hudson/Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)