**Send all information to ‘email@example.com’ and include the job title in Subject line**
Do you want to help drive the future of the modern data center? Are you an expert in next-generation data centers, IP scale-out storage and converged/hyperconverged infrastructure? Do you have the energy, passion, and communication skillset to tell the world about compelling, game-changing product capabilities? If so, this may be the perfect job for you.
Plexxi is at the center of the new era of computing and is creating networking technologies that significantly reduce infrastructure complexity, cost, and risk for Enterprises, Cloud Computing providers, and Colocation/Managed service providers. We’re a startup with ambitions to be the next great networking company and we need highly ambitious A-players to help us get there.
This role reports into the Product Management team. This role will be 30% inward (toward PM/engineering) and 70% outward (toward field, channels, and customers) facing. Specific responsibilities include:
- Drive technical use case documentation by understanding the way in which our customers want to leverage our products and documenting technical requirements for engineering.
- Work closely with product managers to fully expand “Statement of Intent” documents that give engineers much more direct context on the technical requirements specifically for our Agile Data Center use cases.
- Provide input to QA for building appropriate test plans that ensure the target customer environments are being represented, and help Support build the skills and infrastructure to address field issues.
- Work with product documentation to further clarify features and specifically how customers can best leverage those features in specific environments, or to accomplish specific tasks. Be a primary author/content contributor for end-user documentation.
- Act as a key member of the new product introduction (NPI) process, primarily focusing on the handoff between PM/Engineering and externally facing functions such as Sales Engineers and Support Engineers.
- Own all of the technical field enablement tools including, but not limited to:
- Demo’s – demo storyboards, demo scripts, supporting collateral, and actual demo implementation
- Videos – video storyboards, video scripts, work with corporate marketing on video production.
- Competitive Analysis – deep dives on competitors and related field collateral such as kill shots, sales collateral (competitive comparisons, competitive “beat sheets”)
- Solution Briefs – Customer collateral that describes Plexxi in the context of specific application and infrastructure solutions, such as big data, HCI, hybrid cloud, scale-out storage.
- Data sheets – product and solution-specific data sheet collateral, including product/solution overview, product specifications, ordering information.
- Product and Feature presentations/briefs – PPT and Documents that further describe the technical usage of products and features
- Technical White Papers and Blogs – regularly author technical content that is relevant to the industry conversation on cloud, big data, SDN, and other topics.
- Attend trade shows, customer meetings, executive briefings, etc, as a subject-matter expert that can demonstrate Plexxi’s value.
- Train Sales Engineers and act as a corporate resource to help drive customer specific engagements that rely on product demonstration capabilities.
The Mark of a Successful Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will be completely self-motivated and self-driven to produce the best possible collateral content and sales tools possible.
- Must be highly technical and have the ability to dive into the technical domain of cloud, virtualization, big data, software-defined networking, Ethernet switching, storage, and a number of other domains. Experience in all domains is not necessary, but a willingness to learn and a demonstrated knowledge of one or more of these key areas is important.
- Must have the ability to author content, create presentations and demoware. Verbal and written communication skills are a must, and preference will be given to those who have a demonstrated portfolio of sales enablement tools. Powerpoint or other presentation tool skills, as well as demo capture (Captivate) skills are very important.
- Must be able to present and clearly articulate a value proposition to audiences ranging from very technical networking or other domain specialists to more higher level data center generalists and C-level executives.
- BS in a technical field, or BA in a non-technical field with equivalent technical work experience.
- Willingness to travel as the job requires (estimated at 10-25%)